Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Brain and God

Anyone who gets into studying about the brain realizes that what we are is determined by bunches of chemicals in your brain. Science shows us how everything works (at least to our knowledge) and influences what we do. Also the fact that medications can change how we think or feel, it is obvious that we are really chemical.

However, if you believe in God, as I do, it raises questions about "Well what is a soul?" and etc. Also, what about the Heaven that people see when they are dying? The "white light"?

No one really knows the answer to these questions, but various people, including those who mapped out our DNA mentioned that it was just too perfect and it could not possibly have happened by chance, there must be a God. The more and more I learn I also come to this conclusion.

Now this could get into a huge fight, but here is what I do, I just take a view combined of science and religion, and then apply it to today, and that is essentially how I do things. Religion gives you the good values, science gives you explanations, and then today lets you see how it all relates.

Above all, keep an open mind about things, I like to think I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment