Friday, March 26, 2010

Neurology is The Future

I'm pretty convinced I will be a great neurologist or psychologist. Ever since taking AP Bio and Psychology just about everything mind or brain related has come extremely easily to me. Part of this is probably due to a lot of the research I did before I took the class, but still picking up everything I feel pretty good about where I stand so far.

I know of many people who had no clue what to do after high school, what to study, or anything. I've taken these semi-specialized classes and really enjoyed the brain parts. We looked at some nerve cells today, quite amazing in my opinion. I really want to do nothing more than work with the brain.

Actually genetics I love too, and I had emailed Sam Rhine, a geneticist that I had gone to see a presentation by, he suggested I check out Neurogenetics, the best of both worlds. It is just a good feeling when you finally realize what your "calling" is.

I want to go into research so I would always be on the cutting edge of my science, also if any discoveries were made I could satisfy the narcissist in myself and get it named after me. The naming would just be a perk, what I'd really love is just discovering how stuff works. I want to understand the brain, people, everything.

One can hope, another can try, the last will do. I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment