Thursday, March 18, 2010

Classical Music

It all started when I had seen a collection of "Classical Music's Best" or something to that effect and I decided to get it. Let me tell you that this is amazing stuff. The entire sound of an orchestra and just all the variety there was. It was this entire music adventure.

I had originally found a taste in what I can only classify as "Modern Classical", which was used as many movie soundtracks. My personal favorites of this would have to be
  • Michael Giacchino (Incredibles, Up)
  • Danny Elfman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland, Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas, )
  • Bruno Coulais (Coraline)
  • Clint Mansell (Requiem For A Dream)
  • Klaus Badelt (Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • John Williams (Star Wars, Harry Potter)
  • Hans Zimmerman (Other Pirates of The Caribbean movies).
These all are quite excellent and exciting. If you are looking for some good music, go for this stuff. And even if the term "classical" turns you off, still try either Danny Elfman or Klaus Badelt (My favorites out of those I have listed), as their stuff is pretty amazing, and if you liked the movie then you will probably like the music. Heck, even if you didn't like the movie the music still takes you for a ride. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment