Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Antarctic Paradise

This is mainly a WTF post, so if that either entices you or pushes you away, feel free to make that decision now.
Okay good?

So maybe a month ago I had this insane dream, and I figure maybe I would share my dreams every now and then, especially when in my opinion they are just so cool.

I am on an expedition to Antarctica, and alone. The terrain is beautiful and suddenly I come across this creature that looks like it needs assistance. So I bend down trying to get a better look, then the dream fast forwards to this tropical city, but it is like a secret Antarctic society. The creature that I "helped" was a member of this society. It was bright and sunny, with palm trees and a few tall buildings overlooking the sea, however if you went too far out of this city then you would end up back in the frozen tundra.

I end up walking down the street and somehow offend one of the natives. They looked just like anyone I had ever seen, however there was something slightly different about them that I couldn't place my finger on. In this land, they have ruling over you, so I was sent to the combo jail/hospital. In this place, I see people who appear to be getting repair, but it isn't anything magnificent, it is more or less just a hallway with a room on either side, maybe some offices down the hall, but the white paint is chipping and the bright blue outside shines on in.

Then I realize while in the jail/hospital what makes these people different. They are made of clay, and that was the patchwork I had seen being done. After about a few times of this arrested cycle I go to see the doctor. He offers to make me clay, knowing forever I would have to stay here, but I would be sure to find happiness here and everything would work out. So I agree, and he takes out this bag as if it were a molding clay bag. I ask what is the difference between the types, he says some last better and the one he had was the best, so I took it.

We go into a room where I must then strip off my clothes and get into what just looks like a hot tub. The doctor pours the mix in, and then I feel just different. Have a little more pep in my step, but then see people who are still human being made fun of by clay people, and instantly regret my decision.

A dream that could mean a lot of things but most likely "Don't change yourself for others."

No comments:

Post a Comment