Monday, March 15, 2010

Going "Green"

So I finally bought a refillable water bottle. It carries 950mL, so about two of the .5L bottles I would normally take each day. Let me tell you, I like it quite a bit better, and it is cheaper. I either spend around $4 a week on regular water bottles, or I spend $4 for a one time deal. If I really want to get fancy I could buy one of those tap water filters and get purified water for close to nothing.

If you haven't done this already (it was somewhat of a fad sweeping through my school, but I ended up not losing anything to go along with it), go buy yourself a simple refillable water bottle, instead of wasting all of this cash on plastic bottles you do not need. And, the environment benefits too. Not that I am any green-freak, but if it saves me money and stops landfills from taking the place of  "highest elevation in Ohio", then yeah I'm down with that.

1 comment:

  1. It's a "security risk" to carry around bottles in school here. We can only have them in sight in the cafeteria. But it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete