Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March Madness

I just want to say to anyone now that if you take part in this, or Fantasy Football then you can never call anyone else a geek.

Ever since I have seen more and more tweets saying "filling out my NCAA bracket", I decided to find out exactly how scoring and everything worked for this "March Madness".

From what I understand, and I could be wrong but I couldn't really find any real decent sources, best was an eHow article. Anyways basically I found it out to be like this:
  • Make a bracket filled with various teams, lined up in such a way that the better of the teams get closer to the center of the bracket sheet
  • Each level has certain point values, the closer to the center the more the point values are
  • The more teams you correctly predict the outcome of the games, then the more and more points you get, increasing with each level closer to the center
  • Whoever has the most points wins
It seems whenever I look way into one of these sports paper games I get disappointed as to find there isn't more to it. Maybe I just am the kind of geek who wants more to do. I don't know, I suppose lots of research could go into this. I might make my first bracket, could be fun. I'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. Alan, to enjoy this as a "hobby," you must like College Basketball and have to know a bit to properly fill out your bracket. No offense, but unless your a bball fan, your picks will probably suck.

    ReplyDelete