Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twitter Test

I've noticed that based on what I say on Twitter and the tags used, people begin to follow you. I find this interesting especially when it tends to be on simply keywords, such as this tweet:
Anyone know of any really good migraine cures? Or how about something that just works a little? NSAIDs, Asprin, and Tramadol have no effect.
That night I get no replies, however I wake up to find an email stating that a Twitter profile that specializes in Tramadol addiction is following me.

Did I state I was addicted, or did I state I had anyone close to me addicted? No, and I don't. All I said was that I had tried Tramadol to cure a headache and it didn't work.

Here is what I propose in doing:
For the next week, using specialized tags and wording to see just how crazy this type of a thing can get. I won't count the Twitter-whores, you know, the ones who are pictures of women and following like 3,200 people. I will just count anything related to what I Tweeted. This is all simply just to see how quickly someone will follow you for saying the right things, and hey maybe come up with some algorithm for this.

Experiments are fun.

1 comment: