Thursday, April 22, 2010

Censorship

Anyone who follows South Park will know that there was extreme censorship in the episode "201" due to Muslim extremists threatening Matt and Trey.

Wait a minute, was that threat okayed but simply saying "Muhammad" banned? That is right, a threat is just fine apparently, involving life and death even. However, don't you dare mention anything about Muhammad. I am an avid Christian and I am cool with how South Park generally portrays Jesus. I find it comical and even a little touching. If any of you make Catholic priest jokes then I must ask "really?"

I prefer a world that is free. I prefer a world that lets people express ideas and opinions without restraint. I prefer a world where people put aside differences. I prefer a world where there is no separation based on color. I prefer a world where your religious views don't throw people away from each other. I prefer a world with free information. I prefer a world that serves healthy food in a fast food fashion. I prefer the impossible.

Note, I am not against Muslims here, I have Muslim friends, however I am against extremists. In fact, I am against extremists for just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment