Saturday, April 24, 2010

It Is b0rked

Yesterday I am called over to a friend's house as she is having a difficult time connecting to the internet on her new laptop. I figure this will be a simple job and then we could just hang out. Boy, was I wrong.

I get to the laptop and as soon as it starts up both cores at the same time skyrocket to 100% in use. Naturally I go look at the processes thinking there is something here doing it, sure enough there wasn't anything. After messing with it some more I decide that it has to be some sort of defect.

They had a "Geek Squad" card, so for poops and giggles I figured I'd call just to see what they would say. Not long after I mentioned the problem he said to take it back to the store to trade in, just as I thought.

We arrive at the store and go to trade it in, then behind the counter there are about 10 other laptops that have been traded in of the exact same model. By the way, this is the ASUS K50.

I couldn't believe it, but more what I couldn't believe was that they tried to sell us another one. I wouldn't keep that model on the floor if there were that many issues. You only end up with pissed off customers and lose business. According to my friends the guy who sold them the laptop had sold 5 others the same day they bought theirs. Horrible.

The ASUS K50 has a Pentium Dual Core processor. I highly suggest to my friends to get an i3, so it was only a matter of time to decide which i3 and they bought it and are happy.

But the main thing here is, they have an obviously broken product and yet still sell it. Guess you can add Best Buy to the list of "Shady" stores. I'm sure generally things are okay, but cheating people out of a good experience and money? Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment