Saturday, June 19, 2010

That Was Just Day Two!?

This post may be a little disturbing to some people after "The Crazy Part," so just a fair warning.

As some of you know I recently started a job at a local McDonald's. It was the only place that called me back but they did it so fast and provided bunches of training, plus there are great benefits so I figured what they heck I'll go for it. Sure enough I got the job.

Fast forward to yesterday: First day and they stick me at counter during a rush. I'll tell you what I learned the names and acronyms for all the food quite quickly however the crew in the back was, as the manager said, doing "HORRIBLE" so our fast food wasn't so fast. Kind of sucked as day one but I figured they were just having a bad day and I would come in fresh tomorrow.

The Crazy Part
I went in for the breakfast shift this morning, meaning tons more acronyms to learn and it is a harder menu to take orders with then the lunch, since there is such limited space for acronyms and so many words to a breakfast meal.

It was pretty calm this morning and then this divorced couple with their kids walk in. I ring their orders up and we get them their food, no problem. Then about 5-10 minutes later there is this hitting and shouting coming from the lobby. "YOU TOOK MY BABIES YOU F***ER! YOU STOLE MY BABIES" and then the guy just kept hitting her, she was getting quite red from all of the blows and clearly very upset. The young child with them just kept saying "Don't touch me, Don't touch me" and was crying. My manager comes running out and calls the cops immediately. Other guests are horrified at the situation and one guy comes up to ask for his money back as he didn't want his kids to see that. Good for him, I wouldn't want my kids watching that either.

The cops rush over and take the woman and child outside as they are quite distressed. Then a cop comes back in for questioning to the guests who were sitting over near the incident.

This was all quite a shock to me and afterward all the crew members were like "I have never seen that before," or "That doesn't ever happen," or "Only once in my entire career with McD's have I seen such a thing." I also apparently looked rather freaked out as they (crew) kept asking if I was okay. It is a real nice crew over there, but I mean my first two days have been rather suckish. I hope it gets better from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment