Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blog Kindle-Compatible!

With the new Kindle Software Update 2.5 it got me messing around with my Kindle again. Let me tell you how handy the new features of the PDF reader are. You can actually zoom in on your content and span across it. I do not know why this wasn't first included but now that it is reading PDFs will be much easier. I tried this out with a Latin Glossary, worked out pretty well. Everything scaled very nicely.

Other features which sounded more neat on screen then in use was the Twitter and Facebook integration.

How I Understood It:
Full integration with Twitter and Facebook. Update your statuses wherever you go with a nice UI and read friends' posts.

What It Actually Is:
You can select/highlight text and then tweet that passage plus other notes to your friends on Twitter and Facebook. You could simply just give status updates and select like a space or something, but it just isn't what I thought it was at all. Also it took a long time to send the update out, which I wasn't too pleased with, then it gives you this long URL. You can check out my tweet from Kindle here.
A horse of course. Kindle testing http://amzn.com/k/2UTMI7BCLAZIY #Kindle
While playing with my Kindle, I found out that my blog is fully Kindle Compatible, if using Basic Mode. It works okay in Advanced but looks a little weird.


By the way, those of you who clicked on the World Cup link for my blog, you can check out that service and make any web page musically beautiful. 

And to those who didn't see the World Cup link for my blog, well here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment