Friday, June 18, 2010

Learn How To Treat Customers

Today was the day that GameStops got the new Xbox 360 S in stock. I called once early today and then a little later to see if it was in stock. I was told it was in stock so I rushed over to GameStop and found out they had just sold out -- or almost.

At first I figured it was just the way of things and I was going to put a reserve on a new Xbox 360 S. Then at the counter next to me there was a guy, we'll call him Jack, and Jack was trading in an old Xbox 360 in order to afford the new one, much like I did a week ago. However, it turned out he didn't have any video cables with his system so they wouldn't take it. The cashier ringing up Jack suggested to my cashier that if Jack didn't have everything they could let me buy the Xbox 360 S.

At this point I was pretty excited knowing their strict policy on trading in systems. However, then my cashier crushed my dreams. He asked Jack, "Can you run to your house and get it in like 10 minutes?", obviously not trying to help me. Jack said "Yeah" (of course), and then my cashier, you know the person is supposed to help you said "Or we could get a used one and pair it up with your system but you would have to buy it."

Well that is just great, all the meanwhile the other cashier was trying to help me and obviously saw that I should be the one who should get the system. It ended up going so they found a cable, Jack had to buy so he could trade in, and I ended up with no system. However I did get a reserved one for July 9th.

Still, that is no way to treat your customers, and on "tellgamestop.com" I left feedback that showed how I felt. I mean, if you have a guy who is ready to purchase the console right now and you have someone who it is very iffy on if they can even get it, are you really going to hold a console, which it was said that they wouldn't do, for some guy who has the possibility of not being able to get it? I wouldn't, I would have given it to the guy who had the cash right then.

People sometimes, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment