Thursday, July 15, 2010

What a Novel Idea

Yes, welcome to bad pun central.

A series of dreams about societies have prompted me to wish to write a collection of short stories, each featuring one of the societies I have dreamed up. So far there are three, and each can have quite a different story to it. You've already seen one of my dreams. I feel with careful planning and proper words, I can turn these odd societies into a lovely or Hellish image depending on the situation.

Step 1: Setting
I have the setting for what I wish to do, or at least parts of it. There are a solid three good societies that can be used.

Step 2: Storyline
This is the step that I am at as of now. Unfortunately none of the dreams really gave me a clear viewing of plot; just a great view at the landscape. For two of the societies I have a pretty decent idea as to what the stories shall be, however for the last and in my opinion the coolest I haven't the slightest clue as there are so many variables that come with that landscape.

Step 3: Editing
Later on down the road I will ask for people to proofread my piece, so anyone who enjoys being an editor, now/later is your chance!

Step 4: Publishing
A very neat side feature that has come from the entire eBook market is the concept of self-publishing your work. Same concept as publishing an "app" to the App Store, you create something, people go over it, they sell it. This I hope will inspire writers from all over to publish works, also it serves for a great entryway for the author into stardom. Amazon's Kindle Store lets you do this with ease. I have found places for the iBookstore publishing, however most wish to charge you to submit it to Apple's store. Hopefully once I am done there will be some easy way in there, same for the Nook's store.

Step 5: PROFIT
The nice return for the joy of writing.

Anyway, my back is killing me from work and need a massage. Time to go rest/plan a story!

No comments:

Post a Comment