Thursday, July 1, 2010

Learn How To Run A Business

While working at McDonald's, I got an idea to write about the wonderful "peace" you go into after about an hour or two of working where you can just quickly take orders, get it all right, and it is a nice relaxing bit. If you have seen in Futurama where Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee then finally gets to this golden zone, that is what I am talking about.

However

Not long after this "golden zone" came did it go. We have a manager that slipped and fell and injured his arm in the freezer about 3 weeks to a month ago. Every day I am working with him he complains and complains about how he can only work with one arm and how everyone else is doing sub par work. In doing this a guy who was just trying to cover his stations ends up getting blamed for not doing his job, and at first he shrugs it off and takes the warning that he didn't deserve. Then he kept getting blamed and they got mad.


Manager and him both go back and forth using strong curse words, and then that gets everyone else rallied up. I however am in the front, only maybe 5 feet from where they are shouting this and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the customers who were subjected to this.

Also, the family friends of the manager who work there were allowed to slack off, use cell phones, etc. All the while I finally found out why the manager is so bitter. He used to work at another McDonald's nearby which according to him was so much better than this one, never getting a rating under 99/100.

Look, I'm not used to the working world so if this really is what it is like everywhere well then as they would say "fuck me." I'm going to go to the "good" manager and bring this issue up with her as that really is not the kind of environment I want to be in, nor associated with. We'll see how the issue goes once I bring it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment