Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Beginning/There Is A Spy!

I've had blogs in the past, sure. However I was much younger then and really didn't have anything to write about. Now I feel I have a better view on the world and wish to share that with everyone, as well as fun objects I find across the web.

I thought I would start with this interesting story I heard about in class (ironically), then went to look for more on it.
PHILADELPHIA – The FBI is investigating a Pennsylvania school district accused of secretly activating webcams inside students' homes, a law enforcement official with knowledge of the case told The Associated Press on Friday.
Crazy isn't it? If anything screams "Big Brother" then that is it. Also, just makes you a little weary of your own webcams, even if it does have an indicator of when it is on. If this happened to me, I would be pretty perturbed as what I do at home is my personal business, and I will tell the world as I wish to. However, if someone spies on me without my consent then I have a problem. And that is the other bit, if the parents had given consent of some sort (although I doubt that would likely happen), then at least it wouldn't be as inexcusable as what they did here, turning on every webcam in their school system.

They claimed they were looking for a missing laptop, if that was in fact the case, then why couldn't they remotely only turn on that laptop's webcam? Why would you waste all your resources on all the webcams, including looking at each one, versus the much quicker task of simply turning on the one that was lost.

The things these days, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment