Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blogger/Blogspot

I used to be totally against using this service as I always had thought oh I can just install whatever onto my own server and such. However, when I moved away from where my parents hosted stuff, and all I had was GoDaddy's Free Hosting. It did a good job but when trying to use blogging software, or really anything with many pages and wasn't custom written to comply with the ads on the free hosting, then it would mess the CSS up completely.

I had wanted to start a blog, yet was waiting for the perfect domain name to buy hosting for and well it ended up being that some sites had dates wrong for when things expired so I didn't end up getting the domain I wanted. I didn't have any other immediate ideas for names, but still wanted a blog. So after someone posted a link to a Blogger blog, I decided I would set my own up.

I found out that I had an old blog from long ago, with nothing on it of course. So I removed it then created this one. Everything is really easy to use, and you can even have it go to a specific domain if you wish. It really is a nice bit of the web, and I would completely recommend it.

By the way, if you have GoDaddy Free Hosting and wish to remove ads, just use this code below, although GoDaddy won't like that I told you so your hosting could be removed, but I doubt it as well it hasn't happened yet to several people I know. (Put into CSS area).
#conash3D0
{
display:none;

No comments:

Post a Comment